Explanation of the aerial oblique photo of Point Wilson. The view is to the west.
1. The Port Townsend Marine Science Center’s NHE building
2. Kinzie battery (Coastal Artillery bunker)
3. RV park; it now covers much of the drowned “Forbes’ Forest”
4. The now-submerged portion of Forbes’ Forest.
5. Wooded wave-cut bank now protected by the Point Wilson sand spit <behind the RV
6. Eroding beach. The beach as a whole is slowly moving south (left). <North Beach
7. Accreting beach; the beach is slowly growing to the south as sand is added. <the
part of the beach near the tip of the point
Full Description Here